Tourism Month has grown from the traditional, annual Scottish Tourism Week which takes place in March. STM is a month-long series of industry events taking place across Scotland.
The aim of Scottish Tourism Month is to engage, connect and inspire all of Scotland’s tourism businesses and organisations, and of course to celebrate the enormous contribution of our tourism industry to Scotland’s economy.
Tourism Month Objectives
- To communicate the key messages around the four TS2020 growth priorities and engage businesses in each of these areas
- Raise awareness of issues which affect the sustainability of Scotland’s tourism industry
- Encourage collaboration and networking between tourism organisations in Scotland
- Highlight the opportunities we have to grow our industry
- Raise awareness of the support available to tourism businesses from public and private sector partners
Scottish Tourism Month 2019 will kick off on 1 March with a special launch event (more details to come in the coming weeks).
STM2018 Round Up
So much amazing activity took place all over Scotland as part of Scottish Tourism Month 2018.
Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make these events happen, bringing people together to have these all important tourism conversations and provide platforms all over Scotland for new launches, announcements, discussion around the big issues for our tourism industry and of course sharing positive stories to inspire other tourism businesses.
Over 25 sectoral and destination events took place the length and breadth of Scotland, including the Scotland Food & Drink Annual Conference, EventIt, The Thistle Awards and the Destinations Conference. The STA Signature Conference was our biggest event to date, with just under 500 tickets sold; we brought some of the world’s leading speakers, entrepreneurs, tourism leaders and home grown talent together in our varied and inspirational programme and we even had a special address from Scotland’s First Minister, acknowledging that the success of our tourism industry “is testament to the hard work, expertise, and creativity of everybody working in our tourism industry.”